Thursday, January 27, 2011

Wacoal: The Princess Collection

I was staring with disbelief at a one piece swimsuit; I never laid eyes on a swimwear that glistens with varied precious stones almost all over it – ever before. Then my eyes shifted to a pair of two piece bikinis, both sparkle with colorful stones that are beautifully cut. I couldn’t resist but asked for the price. The one piece swimwear is 150 000 baht ($4870). Each piece that makes a two-piece bikini is worth not less than 20 000 baht ($650).

Picture 040

Picture 048
This one piece lingerie is made up of carefully chosen expensive stones. Worth $4870

Picture 041
Each piece is worth above $4870


These royalty swim wears are from Wacoal designed by the Thai princess, Her Royal Highness Princess Sirivannavari Nariratana. Every inch a luxury of her designs are a reflection of haute couture.

Picture 042
The designer princess

There is nothing extra-ordinary with the designs except that the piece is detailed with expensive stones. Not only was I intrigued by the wealth that these creations show off, but also by the type of customers this designs target. Of course, the rich and the elite, the princesses. But just WHEN would they going to wear it? That baffles me.

The best part about this collection is that the Princess created it to support a charity work. A portion of the proceeds will benefit the National Cancer Institute.

Picture 043

I didn’t explore the Wacoal area of Siam Shopping Mall because I was looking for some new lingerie, nope. Instead, I accompanied Anny, a classmate from a weekend German class who works part-time as a PR person/presenter for the brand. I was glad I did. Stumbling upon the lingerie of Princess Sirivannavari was a beautiful thing.

Picture 039 copy
Me and Anny

Picture 049

So girls, meet my new friend.

Picture 045
Anny fell in loved with this brassiere. She hopes to buy it soon. :)

I miss you all girls, I hope to visit all of your sites soon.

Fabulously yours,