Sunday, March 28, 2010

Sale, how I love thee! Gladiator sandals

gladiator

"I think women in flat shoes look beautiful – but – it is more difficult to look graceful. When women wear flat shoes they often walk: stomp, stomp, stomp –like a man. It is more of a challenge to be feminine in flats. You look at Audrey Hepburn or Brigitte Bardot when they wore flats – they were beautiful; like a little reindeer – but it is not like that for everyone.”

Those were the words of our great Manolo Blahnik. I'm not really sure if he was referring mainly to flat shoes or if his statement generalized all footwear including sandals. Because if he did, that calls for a debate. What says you, girls?

Would you take it if you're only beautiful but not graceful with these gladiators? Gladiator sandals are my favorite flats. They make me feel comfortable but smart. And even if they're flats, they don't really make me walk: stomp, stomp, stomp because I had rehersed for a million times how to walk gracefully that it applies even if I wear flats. [Okay, that's a little bragging.]

These Matt Bernson gladiator sandals are perfect for spring and summer. Celebrities spotted wearing them include Giselle, Lindsay Lohan, Nicky Hilton, Courtney Cox and Audrina Patridge . It's even perfect if you can get your next gladiators at 10% off using the code spring10.

Use Code SPRING10 to get 10% off your order at Boutique to You!