Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Fashion Dictionary Made Easy: Capri pants vs. Bermuda shorts

capri pants vs. Bermuda shorts

Which set are Capri pants? A or B?

Capri pants ("capris") are a style of pants designed to end mid-calf or just below the calf otherwise known as long shorts or three-quarters.

Bermuda shorts are a type of short trousers around one inch above the knee otherwise known as walking shorts or dress shorts.

Both Capri pants and Bermuda shorts are widely worn as semi-casual attire by both men and women during warm weather.

Capri pants were my favorites during my university days. I’d always wear them with sketchers or tennis shoes, mid-riff shirt and accessorize them with a big JanSport backpack. But we didn’t call them Capri pants. We called them pedal pants or three-fourths.

Bermuda shorts became my favorites when I started working and especially after I moved to this country where the temperature is much hotter. I love to wear them most of the times with tennis shoes and occasionally with boots or stilettos.

Oopps!

Capri pants end at mid-calf or just below the calf. Bermuda shorts end around one inch above the knee.