Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Fashion Dictionary Made Easy: The Birth

fashion dictionary

When I first plunged into fashion blogging my fashion lingo was very limited. There were only two things that aided me – the heart for writing and the passion for fashion. But they weren’t adequate. I was not confident in writing; words were very scarce. For several times I wanted to quit, but I’m glad I didn’t. From simply posting my daily outfits I recreated my blog by writing about fashion trends that I’ve spotted and that I deemed attention worthy.

But I wanted to write fashion articles that make sense. Therefore I need more knowledge about fashion and how things work in the industry. This is a great challenge for a fashion outsider like me whose world evolves only around numbers and a bit of literature.

The first big step into achieving the goal is the purchase of a Fashion Writer eGuide – Breaking Into and Succeeding as a Fashion Writer. You bet I’m serious. Haha!

But I’d like to make this challenge a fun endeavor. I decided to work on improving my fashion lingo first. And as I do so, I’d like to share what I’m learning to you, my dear readers.

Fashion Dictionary Made Easy would simplify fashion lingos that are unfamiliar to fashion outsiders like me. We'll use a combination of words and graphics in defining each vocabulary.

Join me on my journey to fashion writing. Fashion Dictionary Made Easy: Capri pants vs. Bermuda shorts.