Monday, August 2, 2010

J'adore Mon Tutu



My husband's family was in town this weekend from Pensacola, Florida. It was so much fun showing my 17-year-old sister-in-law all that LA fashion has to offer: from H&M to Chanel. Although we couldn't afford anything from Rodeo Drive, I do believe this incredible tutu from H&M more than made up for it. Teah got one in black and I bought this powder pink one.

What thrills me about a great tutu is just how many ways you can wear it. I googled "H&M tutu" for inspiration and I couldn't believe the vast creativity out there. One girl wore her tutu with a band shirt and Converse All Stars. Another girl added a cropped leather jacket for this rock n' roll contrast. Then a fellow blogger, Sara (below), went from a more feminine look with gray tights and ballerina slippers.




I'm in love. I can't wait to wear mine. I'm actually hoping to find the perfect over-sized nautical blue and white striped top to wear with it. Something that drapes long so you only see the bottom two ruffles peeking out from the bottom.

Tutu-dles,
Sabrina London