Monday, November 16, 2009

Jewels at Vintage Jewelry Store

The jeweler allows me to wear the sapphire blue lake on my finger, the emerald green leaves around my neck, and take the citrine sunset with me wherever I go. Jewelry has become my daytime link to nature in an office with no windows. And if I have to work late, there's nothing like diamond stars and a pearl full moon against an onyx night sky. ~Astrid Alauda, "Office With No Windows"

Oh, I do wish that I own diamonds. But I don’t. Unless otherwise the fake diamond looking sequins on the outer sides of my fancy mid-shin black boots count. Thus, I can’t take inspiration from these diamonds whenever I have to work late, otherwise, I would have to put them on top of my working table. But the good thing is, if I do work late, my office room has got two small windows.

And yet, all the work related thoughts flew out my mind when I stumbled upon these gems which I, for most of the time, avoid to lay my eyes with if I walk past them at any shopping malls.


“Diamond is the queen of gems and the gem of fairies.” Alas, this jewel quote might land me in the book of quotes as the anonymous author and as a counterfeit for a well known quote about pearls, but that doesn’t matter really. This gem is a 14k gold. It has 16 rose cut diamonds. A 0.10 amethyst is mounted on an antique styled hand made silver plate that makes the blue looking queen above and in the middle of those diamond fairies. This sparkling beauty weighs 4.3000. It is worth $800.







I never thought that a queen’s chandelier can inspire a jeweler so much to make him come up with this pendant, 14k Gold Fleur de Lis with 6 diamonds. What more can I ask for a jewel? This antique looking beauty is literally shaped in the form of French Fleur de Lis. Six sparkling rose cut diamond engraved into gold frame were added to present a pendant for queens. It weighs 6.5000. It is worth $900.







I do love my honey so much and I do dream to live the rest of my life with him but my love for my current status sometimes forces the thoughts of marriage behind my head. However, seeing this wedding band totally left me in awe. My mind started dreaming imagining him on his knees, reaching for my hand and sliding this beautiful gold on my finger. I hear myself saying “yes". This vintage wedding ring is crafted of 14k gold and decorated with vintage style carving. It weighs 5.1000. It is worth $310.



These gems are amongst the rare that I found at Vintage Jewelry . They are a luxurious jewelry store that features vintage rings, antique jewelry, estate jewelry, antique engagement rings, fine jewels, and so much more.

Don't ever wear artistic jewelry; it wrecks a woman's reputation. ~Colette, Gigi, 1944, translated

I dare to oppose. What if those artistic jewelries happen to be vintage rings and gems that would make a queen? Do check the site and you would know what I’m talking about.