Monday, May 24, 2010

Mirror, mirror on the wall; who's the fashion of them all?

Just like the ugly witch antagonist of Sleeping Beauty, I heard tonight the call “Mirror, mirror on the wall …”

mirror

One thing that I cannot live without when we speak about fashion is the mirror. Regardless of how pretty my dress is or how beauty my shoes are, I need to see myself through the mirror wearing them. I have to know how perfect they look on me or how glamorous they make me.

A little girl smiles at her reflection in a mirror, circa 1935. (Photo by FPG/Hulton Archive/Getty Images)


I need mirrors of different sizes starting from the pocket mirror that can be easily inserted in a tiny purse, to the handy mirrors that come along with a make up or a face powder up to the size that is just enough to show the entire face.

girl-at-mirror-19543
photo: thecelebration.files

But what I need most is the mirror that is big enough and tall enough to show the whole I from head to toe with shoes on. My mirror on the wall must be able to tell how good I look for every angle. I cat walk in front of it, I pivot for how many times, 90 degrees to 180 degrees, I sit and walk back and front, before I could be convinced that my outfit is indeed perfect.

tumblr_kzi0gcuqEj1qavi9wo1_500
photo: wykopowisko.tumblr

“Mirror, mirror on the wall, who’s the fashion of them all? I ask before I pick up the keys ready to say “hi” to the world.

What about you girl? How important is a mirror to you?