Thursday, July 24, 2008

A Strange Day

Today I feel like writing a more personal post.

Those of you who have been following me for a while (since Fusion Boutique) may have known that I got married a lil more than 2 years ago. Our two year anniversary was in June =). It has finally occurred to me that it was about time I changed my last name. I've been putting it off for a while, not because I didn't want to change my name (okay..maybe that is one of the reasons hehe jk), but honestly, it just seemed like such a big hassle. Waiting in line at the Social security, dmv, bank, insurance UGGHhhh.....Here is link in case anyone is curious: http://weddings.about.com/od/getorganized/a/changeyournam.htm.

Anyhow, this morning I finally decided to get it done. After 2 hours of waiting in line, I finished off the first step (Social Security). I came in expecting to be able to move my last name to be my new middle name; I left with just a first name and my husband's last name. I was SOOOOOOO bummed that they didn't let me move my last name to be my middle name =(. Apparently, you have to get it done through court and it is a whole long process.

So today...I must say, was a strange day. After only 27 years, I had to depart with my last name. I'm sure those of you who went through this felt the same way at first. I don't know exactly how to explain the feeling, it is just...strange. I'm sure I'll eventually get over it, right?

On a happier note, its FRIDAY!! Whoo HOOo!