Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Cut It Out

The weather is perfect for a Madeleine Peyroux CD and a chocolate Earl Gray tea, which is exactly what I'm up to right now. Recipe for the curious: make a cup of regular Bigelow's Earl Gray tea and add chocolate milk, 2 teaspoons of sugar and whipped cream. It's better than a dessert.

It's been raining in LA since last week. This has slowed down how many things I can model each week, but the good news is that our back inventory is AMAZING. I went on two epic thrifting excursions, coming home with over 70 different pieces. The pile in the back of my closet is growing, which is equal parts intimidating and exciting.

Knowing a good opportunity when he sees one, my husband wants to expand our DIY cut-out sweater project on Etsy. Since the skull cut-outs have been so popular, he thinks we should create a whole line of modified clothes called CUT IT OUT, a subset of Alameda Vintage.

It's an intriguing idea. We could customize really cute cut-outs like a lightning bolt, an owl, or a Hello Kitty. Even seasonal designs like a Christmas tree or candy cane. I think they're universally wearable and really sweet. My only concern is how much work it would be, tacked on to what I'm already doing. To do it right, this would be like starting up a new business and I don't know if I have the energy. Just thinking about it makes me want to take a nap.

In case you don't have it bookmarked, here's our Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/alamedavintage

And while we're at it: http://stores.ebay.com/Alameda-Vintage

Sleepy Now,
Sabrina London