Friday, February 12, 2010

Disney Couture: Alice in Wonderland Jewelry







One of my favorite childhood fantasies is Alice in Wonderland. How would it feel to be suddenly in a land so heavenly that everything is perfect and fun? I always wondered.

I did not have a perfect childhood and it was not the most exciting phase of life one can have. But it was not that I did not get the best of it. It wasn't perfect, but it was good.

Everything that I needed and wished that I couldn't get, I had a way to get them. I would go early to bed, and when the lights were off, I always went to places where I had access to everything that I wished for - in my fantasies.

It wasn't until I grew older that I realized that all my day dreaming and fantasizing were actually not useless exits from reality; because through them, my creative imagination was developed. If only there was such a thing as mind recorder, I must have written so many stories.

It made me realize that I can be and that I am a writer.

Fantasy characters such as Alice were always a mystery to me. I would try to copy anything that could make me get a feel of how it is to be like them. Sometimes, I tried to be Princess Sarah. Lol. How foolish a child can be. Of course, it never was the same as in the movies.

But it never occurred to me that such creativity of fashion designers can bring a feeling to any other girl just how it is to be like Alice . Through the creations of Tom Binns, wonderland is at reach. Or it might not be that accessible actually, because even before these products can settle in the shelves, people are lining up to pre-order.

How fun and how glamorous!










These hot new products are creations of Tom Binns for Disney Couture.







Special thanks to the fashionably independent and the Film for the Alice in the wonderland photos.